Pure autumn skiing in the Hotel Alpenhof on the glacier in Hintertux
Winter fairytale. Or natural wonder. Welcome to Austria’s most attractive and only year-round skiing area with guaranteed powder snow from October to May. And a ski season which knows no limits. Whether it’s carving or a stop—off for a bite to eat, the best skiing and snowboarding pleasure for the whole family is definitely a sure thing!
Dream pistes of all ‘colours’
...half pipes and fun parks make every winter holiday in Tux perfectly happy, whether you are a beginner, more advanced or a pro. Endless fun on the pistes from 1500m to 3250m, all very well connected with the most modern lifts and cable cars – this is what ranks the highest ski area in Zillertal among the ‘Top 10’ in the world. It is also one of the most beautiful. Experience your own personal snow highlights during your winter break in Hintertux, Austria’s only year-round ski area – whenever you feel like it.
Alpenhof Ski Extras - your winter holiday in Hintertux
- We issue the ski pass you require at Reception
- Guided skiing with our ski guide Thomas
- Per room – one lockable heated ski and ski show cupboard
- Free shuttle bus to the glacier cable car
- From the start of October every 5-minutes – stop 50m from the hotel
- Tux Sportbus through the Tuxer Tal every 15 minutes
- Tux night bus for night owls between December and April
- Overnight ski service from Sport Nenner
- Special reduction for guests of the Alpenhof on ski hire at Sport Nenner and at the schools in Tuxertal
- On your ski holiday in Tirol enjoy 227 km pistes - 800 ha piste surface area
- 4 ski areas - 59 of the very latest lifts & cable cars - 1 ski pass
- Après Ski & Hüttengaudi in 29 lodges and restaurants, ranging from the traditional to the modern
- Snow-covered valley descents: Penken, Eggalm and "Schwarze Pfanne"
- See the loveliest viewing points on a ski holiday in Zillertal: Panorama terrace at 3250 m on Hintertux Glacier, Wanglspitz – at the mountain station 150er Tux/Rastkogel
- Snowpark/Halfpipe: Vans Penken Park at 4 SB Sunjet - Penken, BetterPark Hintertux at the T-bar lift Olperer (April to mid December)
Have you checked it out? THE GLACIER CIRCUIT
Those who stick to the suggested circuit will negotiate 15,000 metres altitude and 72 km of varied runs from 630m to 3250m in the Ski- & Gletscherwelt Zillertal 3000, in one day.
Those who prefer a bit of romance on a winter break in Tux might be attracted to a cosy evening in a lodge with tobogganing afterwards on one of the 3 illuminated natural toboggan runs. Curling on the natural ice rinks in Lanersbach and Finkenberg has also become something of a highlight. It is especially nice in the evening with friends, acquaintances and the whole family.