Summer for families
The natural setting around the Alpenhof is sure to please young and old alike and offers lots of opportunities for spending quality time with the family. The range of activities on offer is vast, and there are lots of ways of exploring nature, the mountains, the glacier. From leisurely hiking tours to letting off steam in Pepis Kinderland or embarking on a tour of discovery in the TUX Worlds, fun and games for all age groups are guaranteed. There are also lots of daytrip destinations in the surrounding area just waiting to be discovered.
- Playground Tux-Lanersbach next to the Tux Center
- Playground Hintertux next to the Hintertuxerhof
- Playground Finkenberg next to the outdoor pool Finkenberg
- TUX Worlds (water, animal, world & gorge world)
- Pepis Kinderland on the Penkenjoch, with climbing garden and swing area
- “Almspielerei” playground on Eggalm pasture
- Glacier Flea Safari with Luis and Ball Safari with Luis on Sommerbergalm pasture
- TUX Worlds (Nature World & Glacier World with Glacier Flea Park)
In Pepis Kinderland on the Penkenjoch, youngsters can let off steam on the giant trampoline, explore the labyrinth and climb the 8-metre wooden bear Pepi. Inside the friendly giant bear, there is a playhouse on three levels, including a climbing wall and a fun house mirror - perfect for young explorers! Those brave enough might venture onto the two towers, where they can balance on hanging bridges 7 metres aboveground, all the way to the 15-metre slide that takes you back down in no time at all. A guaranteed adrenaline rush!
The Almspielerei Eggalm adventure playground at an altitude of 1,950 m is perfect for even the smallest mountaineers and comes with several different stations, such as a large pond with a towing boat, a slackline, and an exciting hiking rally.
When a hiking tour has lots of exciting adventures and challenges to offer, the kids are sure to cooperate! The Tux Worlds consist of six themed trails that help children discover the magnificent natural setting of the Tux valley. The Glacier Flea Safari, for instance, is a course with tricky puzzles that young explorers need to answer. The Ball Safari is all about tracking the small wooden balls on their way to the finishing line. In the Glacier World, the young and young-at-heart can try tubing or indulge in a good old-fashioned snowball fight. The Nature World, Animal World, Gorge World and Water World also offer adventures galore.
The Alpenhof – your family-friendly hotel in the Zillertal
Our experienced team knows exactly what our guests need, independent of how old (or young) they are. We will do everything we can to fulfil your requests in a speedy, uncomplicated way. While the grown-ups enjoy a massage, relax in the Alpine sauna or during a professional beauty treatments, the kids can go on an adventure: After playing in the crystal-clear air of the Alpine garden, a dip in the indoor pool is just the thing. Afterwards, they can continue playing in the sports hall or in the playroom. Making friends comes easy here, as there are potential playmates everywhere in the Alpenhof. A wonderful family activity is the 45-minute hike to Bilchlalm pasture, where goats, sheep, and rabbits are just waiting to be petted!
Family attractions at the Alpenhof at a glance:
- Adventure playground with Alpine stream: climbing frames, slides, swings and much more
- Giant playroom with Nintendo Wii, climbing wall, games and much more
- Teen lounge with billiards,tabletop football, Playstation and much more
- 160 m² sport hall for ball sports, yoga and dance
- Indoor pool
- Separate indoor baby pool
- Family steam bath, family quiet room & family bio sauna
- Facilities for babies and toddlers: high chairs, baby monitors, cots etc.
- Babysitting upon request (surcharge applies)
- Kids’ menus
- Colouring books and crayons at dinner
You might also be interested in:
Book your holiday in Hintertux on your preferred dates now online or send us your non-binding inquiry. We are looking forward to welcoming you!